Welcome to the Bloggy Book Club, where we shall read to our heart's content.



Scroll down the blog for this month's discussion questions. Read the book and comment on the blog. And have fun!!!

Monday, March 2, 2009

Please accept my apologies!

I'm sorry that I've been out of contact in Blogworld lately...life is moving at a rate beyond the speed of light (or so it seems), and I'm struggling just to keep up with my daily "real world" duties.

It figures - I read ahead and finished Revolutionary Road back in January (!!) and now it's March (!!) and I've yet to post any of my comments. Yikes!

Truth be told, I was trying to hold off and allow some of the other Bloggy Book Club members to get their thoughts posted before I shared my own. Well...is anybody out there? I've waited about 6 weeks, and still nothing - not even my own!!

Except fthluvhope, who deserves MAJOR kudos - for reading, posting thoughts, AND going to grad school while working and being a wife. (Sound of me applauding.)

I will try to do better on my end, and I hope that at least one other member out there is still reading along.

Hello??

9 comments:

Jane said...

I failed to read in February...I am hoping to join back in March. Is it March yet? :)

gigi said...

this may be a comment you don't want to see posted, but it's truthful anyway ... i have not even finished Jan.'s book. AAGH! i have renewed it from the library twice, and my last due date is 3/10. i find it boring and dull, but i'm trying to complete it anyway - just because i need to discipline myself to do things i don't like. so i figure that i will just read along at my own pace (real slowly), complete what i can of the book list, and find some satisfaction in the process itself. i don't expect to contribute much to the blog that way, but hopefully, i will gain some introspection of myself.

that said, good to hear from you again!

Unknown said...

thank you for the kudos! :) i agree that i am behind in "life" as well (meaning tv, clothes, chores, homework, grading, etc). but i am also so analytical that if i have a due date (like finishing revolutionary road in FEB), then by goodness, i will do it! :) i am a bit relieved for march's selection because it is short and i have already read it! ;) but i do want to go through it again since it has probably been about 10 years... since there isn't a movie version of brother lawerence, i recommend a movie about st. francis of assissi: "brother sun, sister moon." has anyone seen that?

Anonymous said...

Well,needless to say, life has been quite hectic for me & while I gave a valiant effort at starting the book - I have gone no further...I too hope to pick back up, but so many other things have been moved to the front burner :) It is nice to know you're still out there.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I am reading Brother Lawerence... anyone else? Do you want us to post responses to it soon?

Rissalee said...

Yes, I'm reading Brother Lawrence and will make a post for comments ASAP. Just a little swamped! Still need to do Feb's!! Sorry!!! I've already ready April and May too - just get behind with commenting...alas.

Rissalee said...

And, that would be "read" not "ready" - oops!

Jane said...

Glad to see others are reading...I'm just a few pages from being finished myself. I planned to finish when I got of work, but I have to come back tonight so it will have to wait another day...BUT I will finish!!!