Welcome to the Bloggy Book Club, where we shall read to our heart's content.



Scroll down the blog for this month's discussion questions. Read the book and comment on the blog. And have fun!!!

Sunday, April 12, 2009

My New Dawn

In the spirit of Easter (Resurrection...New Life...), I'm going to catch up on the Bloggy Book Club!!! I know, as if Easter weren't miracle enough!!! :o)

Again, my apologies for falling behind. I've been a wee bit busy trying to sort out my plans for the future, after being let go from the job I held for the past twelve years. Needless to say, some major thinking has been required of me, not an easy task for a bear of little brain. Alas, I'm back and without further ado will now comment on the past two books (Revolutionary Road & Practicing the Presence of God) and the current one: Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day (by the way, we WILL be getting together to watch the movie version of this book, because it was such a cute flick and the inspiration for my adding this book to the list. Such fun!!!).

If you are still around and reading, please leave a comment! I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts on the books or just that you're alive and well. Of course, if you're still miffed about my slackness (understandable, mind you), you can always heave a virtual tomato my direction. :o)

6 comments:

Jane said...

Hey! I am still here! I never managed to finish January; I just never got into it. February, well, that month I have no recollection of period. I blame the move and transition. I did read March's book and I plan to read April's book. Glad you're back. You have been missed!

Rissalee said...

MJM: So good to know you're still around, and I'm sure not gonna throw any stones regarding timeliness and the bloggy book club!!! :o) It's good to be back, AND to know I was missed. (Speaking of, missed you at the Easter festivities today!!! You would have especially enjoyed watching our egg relay race - the adults had to hold the spoon between their teeth!!!)

gigi said...

gee, you really have been resurrected!! it's good to know you can have renewed life and bloom again! welcome back!
i'm having a hard time knowing exactly where to leave a comment, so many options - but here goes my great confession! (thanks mjm for making this easier than i thought it would be, although i don't have the real excuses you have dealt with). i gave up on jan's book too, after rechecking it out 2 times - even wound up paying $2.50 in overdue fees trying to struggle through it.
i finally checked out RR from the library. i signed up for it in feb., but i was #14 on the waiting list. the books 'Practicing the Presence ..' & 'Miss Pettigrew ...' are not available in any of my county libraries, so i will either have to borrow them later, or forego reading them (can't afford to buy books right now). so i am plugging along, in my own peculiar fashion, but still making an attempt to be a BBC participant. as this is a completely different direction for my spare time, i am hoping by mid-year, i will be back into reading as a pleasure, not just a discipline. i am sure i wouldn't even make the attempt without your encouragement to us, so again, welcome back!

Rissalee said...

gigi: you are free to be you and to make this book club work for you any way you want it to! i will be sure to invite you over for the Pettigrew movie night, so stay tuned for that. Sorry about the library fine! And you didn't even get to read it! Agh! I think you'd like Pettigrew...if my book weren't so marked up with my doodles, I'd let you have my copy! anyone have a copy for gigi to borrow?? :o)

gigi said...

i applaud you, commenting just hours before your anticipated get-away! i am doing okay reading RR, more so than BL, cause i like the writer's style better. i will comment further down the road (pun intended) as i discover more to comment on. i would enjoy watching the movie together. i have already seen MP, but could watch it again with some good company. keep us posted on when & where.

gigi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.