Welcome to the Bloggy Book Club, where we shall read to our heart's content.



Scroll down the blog for this month's discussion questions. Read the book and comment on the blog. And have fun!!!

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Breathing Lessons Question #4

What parts of the book have made you think?

Scroll down the blog for more discussion questions.

Request: When you reference something in the book, please let us know where it is so we can all read along. Include the chapter number, page number, and the paragraph number. Like this: (C3, P245, G3) Thanks!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I really liked the recollection of Ira & Maggie's beginning to their relationship-- from the mistaken death and condolence letter, to the tension with the father, to the kiss on the doorstep, and the singing at Serena's wedding. Everyone has their own story of "how they met," and learning about theirs made me think about my own... what tender and special moments that began what I love now! I love the phrase "all because two people fell in love..."

Rissalee said...

fth: I agree with you. I enjoy hearing people's "love stories." As unique as they all are, there seems to be a common thread that ties us all together.

Rissalee said...

Maggie's relationhip with Mr. Gabriel. "All Mr. Gabriel was, in fact, was Maggie's attempt to find an earlier version of Ira..." Of course the visual of Maggie flying down the corridor in a laundry cart only to be pulled up in front of the director and stodgy Mr. Gabriel had me laughing.

Rissalee said...

I'd like to do what Serena mentions on page 55...step outside my own life.

Rissalee said...

(P113)

Serena's conversation with Maggie about why she was marrying Max really made me think.

Rissalee said...

(P203)

"Well, what a ninny," Fiona said. "If marriage was such a drag when she loved the guy, what would it be like when she didn't?"